We have paused our mask sales while we focus on fulfilling existing orders :-) A restock will be in the near future. Stay tuned!
Our masks are only sold online. Orders placed from 15/7 may take 7-21 business days to produce + dispatch, plus 3-7 business days for shipping. Your parcel may arrive much sooner, but we would hate to disappoint. Thank you for all the amazing love + support!
We've had to change our shipping company from Sendle to Australia Post - unfortunately this means we can no longer offer free shipping. You will be charged $4.95 for postage + handling. Thank you for your understanding. Our courier service, Australia Post, has advised that you MAY experience delivery delays due to COVID-19 impacts - please refer to your tracking details for updates.
In response to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, The Social Studio has safely redirected our manufacturing efforts towards producing DHHS compliant reusable cloth face masks for our community - at cost price.
- The Social Studio’s masks comply with DHHS guidelines, featuring three layers of breathable, machine washable fabrics to ensure adequate protection.
- Layer one is a soft and comfortable 100% cotton fabrication. This layer sits against your face. The middle layer is a non-woven polyester/cotton blend fabrication which acts as a filter against nasty particles. The outer layer is a water resistant polyester fabrication which repels droplets and particles.
- 3mm wide soft and comfortable elastic which can be adjusted by re-knotting for the perfect fit over the ears. If the mask does not feel secure enough on your face, tighten the elastic loops. Elastic may be white or black in colour, depending on availability.
- Small Size, recommended for ages approximately 5-12 years old. 17cm W x 15cm H, or if you have a small face.
- Large Size: 22cm W x 20cm H.
- Made in Melbourne, Australia.
IMPORTANT WASH + WEAR INSTRUCTIONS
You will have to adjust the mask when you first put it on - do this by firstly pulling the elastic loops tightly, outwards, to form gathers in the fabric. The elastic ear loops can be adjusted by re-knotting for the perfect fit over the ears. If the mask does not feel secure enough on your face, tighten the elastic loops.
Ensure you wash your mask before the first wear.
Machine or hand wash at 60 degrees celsius with a mild detergent. The warmer the water temperature the better.
- Air dry preferred. In the direct sun, even better! Use of a dryer is fine too.
- Machine or hand wash at 60 degrees celsius with a mild detergent. The warmer the water temperature the better.
Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser that is made up of over 60% alcohol before putting your mask on and after taking it off. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth at all times and store used face masks in a plastic bag until you have an opportunity to wash them.
- The mask must cover your mouth, nose and chin. Do not wear it under your nose.
To remove the mask:
Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser containing at least 60% alcohol.
Don’t touch the front of the mask or your face.
Carefully remove your mask by grasping the ear loops or untying the ties. For masks with a pair of ties, unfasten the bottom ones first, then the top ones.
Fold the mask and put it directly into the laundry or into a disposable or washable bag for laundering.
Clean your hands again.
- To ensure the mask is effective it must be washed after every use or wear. At least once a day. Don’t reuse the same cloth mask that you used earlier on the same trip away from home. Put each used cloth mask into a zip lock bag to be taken home for washing. For each new situation put on a clean cloth mask. Carry a paper bag or zip lock bag with you and place the clean masks in there when not in use, to keep them clean.
These reusable masks are not medical devices or personal protective equipment (PPE). They are for personal use and are not intended for use by health care professionals or for use in hospitals or health care facilities. These reusable face masks should not be used in: Any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids may be expected; a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high; the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas. Discontinue wearing if you experience irritation, discomfort or have difficulty breathing.
If you live an area under Stage 3 restrictions and are leaving home for one of the four reasons, the DHHS recommends wearing a face mask, such as a cloth mask or surgical mask, if it is difficult to keep 1.5 metres apart from others. If not worn and looked after correctly it will not be effective in protecting you or those around you.
Continue to wash and sanitise your hands regularly, remember to keep 1.5 metres distance from others and stay home if you are unwell. We are in this together!
SHIPPING, DELIVERY AND RETURNS
We've had to change our shipping company from Sendle to Australia Post - unfortunately this means we can no longer offer free shipping. You will be charged $4.95 for postage + handling. Thank you for your understanding.
- We only ship within Australia
- $4.95 flat fee for postage + handling (Expected delivery time of 3–7 days)
Our courier service, Australia Post, has advised that you MAY experience delivery delays due to COVID-19 impacts - please refer to your tracking details for updates.
Once your order has been dispatched, you will receive an email containing your tracking number.
Exchanges & Returns
Due to the obvious health risks we are not able to facilitate returns or exchanges on change of mind so please choose carefully.
Goods are classified as faulty if they are not of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose or as described. Please note that items which are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear; by accident; or through misuse will not be considered faulty.
If your item is faulty when you receive it, you can return it for a refund within 14 days of receipt. If you have owned your item for longer than this, please contact customer care on email@example.com
We have made every effort to display the colours of all products as accurately as possible. However, as computer monitors, tablets and mobile devices vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of a colour will be completely accurate.
Returning Your Faulty Purchase
To initiate a return, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you're sending back.
- Please include your original order number (sent via email when you first ordered) and specify which item/s you are returning
- Once your email request has been submitted, pack your item in suitable packaging to get it back safely
Please address the item you wish to return to:
The Social Studio Returns
Unit 101, 30 Perry Street, Collingwood, Victoria, 3066.
Receiving a Refund
You can choose to receive your refund back to the original payment method or as an exchange. Return shipping costs will also be refunded. Australian taxes will be refunded.
Please note that refunds can take up to 14 working days to show on your account due to various processing times between payment providers.